If you’ve been diagnosed with Gilbert’s Syndrome, then you need to know what it is.
This genetic condition impacts how your body works.
Most health professionals don’t have the training they need to understand Gilbert’s Syndrome.
If you’ve been told you have Gilbert’s Syndrome, then there are things you NEED to know.
If you are a health professional you will probably have been taught very little about Gilbert’s Syndrome.
Maybe you feel sick and tired and don’t know what to do about it?
This course gives you the science behind Gilbert’s Syndrome. With evidence based ways to deal with symptoms you can manage your life better. You will learn how to communicate your health needs to medical professionals, colleagues, friends and family.
Why should people with Gilbert’s Syndrome access this course?
Many people tell me that they are diagnosed with Gilbert’s Syndrome but are given very little more information. Most of us with Gilbert’s Syndrome will have symptoms caused by it. You may be one of the lucky 30% that doesn’t have many symptoms day to day, but even so – there are things you need to know because this genetic condition impacts how your body works. This means that if you are prescribed medication, have surgery, develop other conditions or just change your lifestyle, you may need to have this information for your wellbeing. Simply eating something different might trigger symptoms.
You might not realise that you could feel happier and healthier, until you make some small changes that help your body work better with Gilbert’s Syndrome.
This course will help give you an understanding of Gilbert’s Syndrome and how to manage the main symptoms. It is not intended to replace the advice of a health professional, and is not medical advice, but it could help you to have better conversations about your health, work, life and relationships.
You’ll get answers to the main questions that people with Gilbert’s Syndrome have been asking me for the past 20 years.
- Why do I have Gilbert’s Syndrome? You’ll understand why you have Gilbert’s Syndrome and what it is. This will help you to clearly explain Gilbert’s Syndrome to other people. No more confused friends, relatives, employers and colleagues!
- What happens to people with Gilbert’s Syndrome? You’ll get an idea of the different symptoms that people with Gilbert’s Syndrome experience, and understand what you can expect and that you are not alone!
- What does Gilbert’s Syndrome do to my liver? It’s so important to understand the basics of how this genetic condition may affect your liver (as well as the rest of your body and mind). This will mean you can make positive choices that avoid triggering problems and may help you feel happier and healthier.
- How do I take control of my symptoms and feel better? You’ll understand what food, drink, supplements and medication might work differently for people with Gilbert’s Syndrome. That’s powerful information that can quite radically help you feel better instantly.
- How do I manage my daily life with Gilbert’s Syndrome? You’ll have tools, tips and tricks that will support you to create a happier and healthier lifestyle. This could help you have more energy, feel calmer and cope better day to day and in the longer term.
- What do I need to tell my Doctor? Importantly, you need to know how to guide your Doctor or health professional so that you can get the best health advice and support for you. This course gives you words and phrases you can use in conversation with your Doctor, as well as tips to make the most of your meetings with health professionals.
- Next steps – You’ll get downloadable documents that help you achieve the above. I’ve created these especially for people with Gilbert’s Syndrome to manage their life better, after 20 years of hearing from people like you.
I’ve included personal videos, telling you the story behind my journey, as well as short videos from other experts that give simple illustrations and background to the information. I’ve added a free meditation specifically for users of this course. I’ve created and included a food diary template, recipes, and downloads for you to use in supporting your wellness journey. I’ve brought together a wide range of free and low cost resources that will help you manage every aspect of your Gilbert’s Syndrome symptoms.
This has all been done to make your understanding of the Gilbert’s Syndrome Essentials course straightforward with jump off points to take your knowledge deeper if you wish.
The cost does not reflect the many hours I’ve spent collecting and putting together this knowledge for you. It doesn’t take into account the decades I’ve spent supporting people with Gilbert’s Syndrome, or the time and cost of my health and nutrition coaching qualification. It’s intended to give you affordable access, whilst recovering some of the costs of hosting the website and course. For over 20 years I have given time and resources to providing people with Gilbert’s Syndrome with information, with the goal of helping people live a better life. I want to offer that to you.
Here’s some of the feedback that has kept me going:
‘Thank goodness for this website. It’s really helped me understand Gilbert’s Syndrome.’
‘I am really grateful that you’re there to give this information’
‘I’ve learnt so much thank you!’
As a qualified health and nutrition coach I have designed this course to give you the essential information to start your wellbeing journey with Gilbert’s Syndrome. Please note it is NOT intended to replace medical advice.